Built in 1926 as the George Wythe Hotel, this four-story neo-classical hotel was the dominant structure on Wytheville, Virginia’s Main Street. After thirty years as a banking facility, the hotel was resurrected in 2014 as the Bolling Wilson Hotel (named for Edith Bolling Wilson, the First Lady who grew up in Wytheville).
The building was renovated to preserve its defining architectural features, while providing the amenities of a 21st century hotel. A large port-au-cochere, kitchen, and roof deck were added.
The completed project qualified for both state and federal historic preservation tax credits.